ANGEL FIRE — Dig out your outdoor work clothes and prepare to roll up your sleeves for Angel Fire’s village-wide cleanup hosted by Angel Fire Proud (AFP) 9 – 11:30 a.m., Saturday (Oct. 7) — rain or shine.
Neighbors of all ages can join hands with local businesses, community groups, village leadership and staff to boost volunteerism and civic engagement across the village and improve the quality of life for all residents and visitors.
“It’s a chance to spruce up our community ‘backyard’ before the snow falls,” said AFP Chair Bill Humbert. Clean-up Day is held every Fall and Spring.
Also, area residents with proof of residency can dump appliances (no refrigerators), slash, mattresses and more for free at the Angel Fire Collection Center that Sat. 9 a.m. – noon. No tires, paint or commercial and demolition waste. Larger items and construction material will be assessed a fee.
Once again, there will be a prize for the Weirdest Piece of Trash. The winner gets a gift certificate from Enchanted Circle Brewing.
- When: Saturday, October 7 beginning at 9 a.m.
- Where: Meet at the Village Hall, 3388 Mountain View Blvd. for cleanup supplies, including gloves, bags and T-shirts.
- Who: Neighbors, business volunteers, community organizations, anyone, everyone!
- Coffee and donuts: While signing in and picking up supplies volunteers are welcome to enjoy a morning snack.
- Lunch: After the cleanup, volunteers are invited to enjoy a free “thank you lunch” at the Village Hall starting at 11:30 a.m. Food and beverage donations from area businesses are welcome.
AFP sponsors this annual event to further its mission to engage individuals to take greater responsibility in creating an attractive and livable environment. Clean-up events have attracted up to 100 volunteers.
Sponsors: The Village of Angel Fire hosts the Clean Up Day. Angel Fire Proud Committee is responsible for putting on the event for the Village. The event is done through a grant from the New Mexico Clean & Beautiful campaign.
For up-to-date information see angelfirenm.gov.
About Angel Fire Proud
AFP’s mission is to engage individuals to take greater responsibility for our community’s beautification.
It was established in 2013 by the Angel Fire Mayor, as a committee of the Village of Angel Fire. It consists of members from the Angel Fire community, businesses & local organizations. Work performed by each member is done on a voluntary basis.
The committee promotes the quality of life in Angel Fire by creating, participating in, and supporting activities that improve the physical & aesthetic environment of our community by:
- Serving as a resource for residents, businesses, community organizations, the Moreno Valley High School, Village government & visitors.
- Advocating a high standard of community cleanliness, maintenance & attractiveness.
- Encouraging and promoting partnerships and participation of residents in improving our community.
- Addressing a variety of issues including seasonal & holiday decorations, village cleanups, recycling & household waste program, various public education events & other projects.
The Angel Fire Proud Committee meets monthly at the Village Hall. The public is encouraged to attend. Contact Terry Cordova, Village Clerk at 575-377-3232.