EAGLE NEST — An informal meeting of the Friends of Eagle Nest Lake & Cimarron Canyon State Parks 100th Anniversary Oversight Committee Monday (March 28) at the Eagle Nest Lake State Park Visitor Center featured a packed agenda as the group discussed coordinating with nearby committees to promote their events as well as those in Eagle Nest.
According to notes by Agnes Gibson, secretary of the Friends of Eagle Nest Lake & Cimarron Canyon State Parks, there was extensive discussion on the concept of a flyer, after which there was consensus that the flyer should include all events in Eagle Nest and pertinent events in Angel Fire and Cimarron during June thru September 2016, 2017, and 2018.
To date, Eagle Nest events include
- Annual Wildlife Center Benefit & Auction (“Bear BBQ”), June 18
- Music in the Park, June 24
- Annual 4th of July Firemen’s BBQ and 4th of July Events that include a Parade & events at Eagle Nest School Grounds and Fireworks over Eagle Nest Lake
- High Country Artsfest & Music in Park and Firemen’s Pancake Breakfast, July 30-31
- Family Picnic, August TBA
- Self-guided wildflower tours and related information for self-guided tours, anytime
The group is also coordinating with other to present several Dam Tours by land and by water, dates TBA
The group’s next meeting is 2 p.m., Monday (April 11) at Eagle Nest Lake State Park Visitor Center.