Roll up your sleeves for Angel Fire’s village-wide clean up. The Village of Angel Fire and Angel Fire Proud’s organizers are hosting their Annual Spring Clean Up 8:30 – 11:30 a.m. Saturday (May 5), rain or shine.
Neighbors of all ages can join hands with local businesses, community groups, village leadership and staff to boost volunteerism and civic engagement across the village and improve the quality of life for all residents and visitors.
Angel Fire residents with proof of residency can dump appliances (no refrigerators), slash and more for free at the Angel Fire Collection Center, 55 Camino Grande, east of Highway 434 near Moreno Valley High School, but no tires, paint or commercial and demolition waste. The collection center will be open Saturday 8 a.m. – noon.
Clean-up day details
• Meet at the Village Hall, 3388 Mountain View Blvd., Saturday, May 5 beginning at 8:30 a.m. for supplies, including gloves, bags and T-shirts.
• Coffee & donuts: While signing in and picking up supplies volunteers are welcome to enjoy a morning snack.
• Lunch: After the clean up, volunteers are invited to enjoy a free Cinco de Mayo themed lunch at the Village Hall starting after 11 a.m.
• Contest: A prize will be given to the volunteer who collects the “weirdest, most unusual” piece of trash.
New Mexico Clean & Beautiful and local businesses are among the key partners in this annual program.
An opportunity to register to vote will be available too!
About Angel Fire Proud
AFP’s mission is to engage individuals to take greater responsibility for our community’s beautification.
It was established in 2013 by the Angel Fire Mayor, as a committee of the Village of Angel Fire. It consists of members from the Angel Fire community, businesses & local organizations. Work performed by each member is done on a voluntary basis.
The committee promotes the quality of life in Angel Fire by creating, participating in, and supporting activities that improve the physical & aesthetic environment of our community by:
- Serving as a resource for residents, businesses, community organizations, the Moreno Valley High School, Village government & visitors.
- Advocating a high standard of community cleanliness, maintenance & attractiveness.
- Encouraging and promoting partnerships and participation of residents in improving our community.
- Addressing a variety of issues including seasonal & holiday decorations, village cleanups, recycling & household waste program, various public education events & other projects.
The Angel Fire Proud Committee meets monthly at the Village Hall. The public is encouraged to attend. Contact Terry Cordova, Village Clerk at 575-377-3232.