SANTA FE – Taos is one of several locations statewide slated for public meetings to discuss and hear comments about the Department of Game and Fish’s proposed changes to the state’s fishing rules that include:
- Modifications to the Special Trout Water program.
- New Trophy Bass Waters with a reduced daily limit of 2 largemouth bass at Lake Roberts, Bill Evans Lake and Clayton Lake, with bow and spear-fishing restrictions.
- Lifting catch-and-release designation at Brantley Lake.
- Adding Alumni Pond, Corona Pond, Estancia Pond, Perch Lake, Rancho Grande Ponds, Roswell Kids Ponds, and the Rio Grande below Elephant Butte as winter trout waters.
- Adding Rancho Grande Ponds, the Pecos River within Villanueva State Park, and Timberon Ponds as summer catfish waters.
More information about the proposed changes can be found at the department website, where the department also is accepting public comments.
In addition to several locations in southern New Mexico, Northern New Mexico meetings will be from 6 to 8 p.m. at the following locations:
- Sept. 6: Taos Youth and Family Center, 407 Paseo Del Canon E, Taos;
- Sept. 7: Department of Game and Fish office, 3841 Midway Place NE, Albuquerque.